Gabriel's Garden Preschool
Gabriel’s Garden Preschool has a vibrant teaching staff that takes the time to love, nurture, and meet the individual needs of our students. Our class sizes are small enough so each student receives a quality education and feels welcomed and accepted. Along with Kindergarten readiness, we help to give students a strong foundation in learning and knowing about Jesus.
Gabriel’s Garden preschool program offers 2 day, 3 day, and 5 day per week options along with morning and after school care. Morning care is at no charge beginning at 7:15 a.m. and is part of the early morning Jumpstart Breakfast program.
Please contact us at 812-477-9082 for additional information.
Holy Spirit’s curriculum follows the guidance of the Catholic Diocese of Evansville’s school office and meets all the academic standards set forth by the Indiana Department of Education. Holy Spirit is listed as Exemplary School by the Indiana Department of Education.
Holy Spirit’s curriculum is supported with strong parental involvement, highly qualified teachers, and a low student to teacher ratio (12 students/teacher). A multi-instructional, multi-sensory instructional approach is utilized to keep students actively engaged in the learning process. This teaching approach is supported with movement (Minds in Motion), Sensory Motor Activities, and other Brain Based instructional strategies.
We are fully Accredited by the State of Indiana and have an average pupil to teacher ratio of 12 to 1.
|Reading||Mathematics||English||Writing Skills||Social Studies||Band|
|Accelerated Reader Program||Music/Children’s Choir|
Religious Education programs provide for the spiritual growth and development of each person by emphasizing:
- Fundamental truths of our Catholic Faith
- Understanding Scripture
- Celebration of the Liturgy and Sacraments
- Daily witness in our Christian lives
- Sacramental Prep, Reconciliation/First Eucharist
These are made possible through:
- Daily Prayer
- Daily Religion Classes
- Active planning and participation in weekly liturgies
- Thanksgiving Food Drive
- Prayer Partner Program
- Focus on Feast Days/Seasons in the Church year
- Angel Tree Christmas Project
- Student Council Service Projects
|Educational Field Trips||Safety Patrol||Spelling Bee||Drug Free Schools|
|Catholic School Week Program||Program (DARE)||Altar Servers||Children’s Choir|
|Jr. Fire warden Program||Student Council||Girl Scouts||Boy Scouts|
|Daily Walking Program||Geography Bee||Speech Team||Mega Band|
- 100% of our teachers hold BA or BS Degrees
- 100% of our teachers are trained in WHY TRY Counseling
- 100% of our teachers are trained in Minds in Motion
- 50% of our teachers have 10+ years teaching experience
- 25% of our teachers hold Masters Degrees
- 1 part time Teacher Assistant in Grades K-4
- 1 part time Teacher Assistant in Grades 5-8
Holy Spirit is a thriving school with a 12 to 1 student/teacher ratio and advanced technology including Ipads, smartboards, mobile computer labs, interactive projectors, and document cameras. Holy Spirit continually updates the Minds in Motion Lab and Sensory Activity Lab to help students with sensory integration.