We serve children at every level of learning with an outstanding, experienced staff of teachers. Every student belongs to every teacher and everything is directed toward educating every student to their potential.
Annunciation Catholic School at Holy Spirit is accredited by the state of Indiana - Indiana Public Law 221 and AdvancED (formerly called the North Central Association).
Annunciation Catholic School at Holy Spirit is a member of the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA) and Indiana Non-Public Education Association (INPEA).
On April 14, 1952, the Diocese of Evansville announced that two new parishes would be established, Holy Redeemer and Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit would be located in the 1700 block of Lodge Avenue and the Reverend Father James F. Hill would be the pastor. The Diocese purchased the site for $22,000 and it was a beautiful fifteen-acre pasture, horse barn, and outbuilding. The horses were moved by the beginning of May and the parishioners began the hard work of converting the Greymount Riding Stable into a place of worship. Bishop Grimmelsman celebrated a Dedication Mass at Holy Spirit Catholic Church on August 2, 1952.
Holy Spirit began planning for a grade school soon after its inception. The school was completed in the summer of 1956. The new school featured nine rooms, while another three rooms were available in a separate building. The school was ready by September and for the first school year 305 children were enrolled.
In the spring of 1961 planning began for a new church building to serve the growing Holy Spirit congregation. Holy Spirit Church construction began in the early fall of 1961 and in October of that year Holy Spirit Church was the largest construction project in progress in Evansville spending $131,250. Construction was completed at a total cost of $200,000. The interior features Saint Meinrad limestone and decorative wood. The altars and the backdrops are marble. The stained glass windows feature verses drawn from the Mass of Pentecost. The seven canopies across the front of the building represent the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit: wisdom, understanding, counsel, knowledge, fortitude, piety, and fear of the Lord. Symbols of the Holy Spirit adorn the interior and exterior of the structure. The original church was deconsecrated and razed. On October 21, 1962, the dedication of Holy Spirit Catholic Church was held. Father James F. Hill remained the pastor under the guidance of the bishop, the Most Reverend Henry J. Grimmelsman.
In July of 2014 Holy Spirit and Christ the King Parishes were merged into Annunciation Parish. The newly formed Annunciation Catholic School now operates on both campuses and educates over 300 children in Preschool through 8th grade each year.